Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
Jeremy Warnick Center for Student Accessibility
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 401-254-3841
Location: University Library, 1st Floor, Bristol Campus
Hours (Academic Year): 8:00am-5:00pm
SAS works with students, faculty, and administrators at RWU to ensure learning and living inclusiveness in all aspects of the student's experience. We take care to promote equal opportunity for our students.
*Tech tip: Be sure to access Clockwork on a laptop or desktop and use Chrome or Firefox browser.
Follow these 4 Interactive Process steps to begin the SAS registration process
(Please note that the Documentation Review Committee meets twice a week to review accommodation requests)
- Have all documentation completed in its entirety and gathered in .PDF form before continuing on to Step 2.
- If you already have documentation that's already been run by and approved by SAS staff, please skip this step and go onto Step 2.
- Please note that all forms were updated in August 2022. We will accept older versions of our forms through October 31, 2022.
- When you have your documentation ready for upload, please go to the RWU-SAS Portal and click into the "Registration" option to complete your Intake Questionnaire. You will be able to upload a .PDF copy of your documentation from that page.
- If you do not yet have all your documentation, you can still fill out the Intake form. Later, you can scan and email a .PDF copy of your documentation to email@example.com.
- Once your intake file is complete and submitted, your accommodation request(s) and documentation will be reviewed. A confirmation email will then be issued regarding the outcome of the review.
- Be sure to complete this step on a laptop or desktop, using Google Chrome or Firefox internet browsers. Also, check your student email for a confirmation email, stating you successfully submitted your intake form.
- Please Note: The online intake page allows for 3 separate uploads, so if you have more documentation you would like to provide, please note this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the Documentation Review Committee completes the review of a student’s file, SAS will reach out to the student directly to schedule an enrollment meeting, as part of the interactive process.
- Go to the Clockwork Portal to:
- To send out Professor Notification Letters, click on the “Send Professor Notification Letters” link
- Notification letters are sent electronically to the professors of the classes your chose to notify about such accommodations. Additionally, no disability information is disclosed in such letters.
- If you do not complete the above steps to officially notify your faculty members, they will not be obligated to provide the accommodation(s) you've been approved for.
- Please Note: if you add a class, you will be able to repeat the above steps for the additional class.
SAS Accommodation Protocols
- Students with approved exam accommodations must schedule their exam through ClockWork at least 4 business days prior to the exam.
- Adapted or Alternative Textbooks: students approved for this accommodation will be able to obtain an accessible book(s) by putting in a request through Clockwork>Forms>Alt. Format Book Request Form
- Class Notes: Please confer with each of your faculty and SAS about how to integrate this accommodation, that best meets your needs.
- Service Providers such as Peer Notetakers: register here to become a notetaker and upload notes.
- We encourage students to send their Professor Notification Letters to their instructors at the beginning of each semester by using Clockwork
- Housing accommodation(s) request deadlines for returning students will be communicated through the Department of Residence Life and Housing and SAS in early spring.
- Housing accommodation(s) request deadlines for incoming, first year students will be communicated through the Department of Residence Life and Housing in late spring/summer.
Please complete the Residential Accommodation Request Clinician form if you are requesting a Housing/Residential Life Accommodation(s):
Residential Accommodation Request (ADA/504) Clinician Form
Please compete the ESA Request for Information form and ESA Student Agreement Contract if you are requesting to have an ESA:
*In addition to the documentation, an interactive process meeting needs to be done with an SAS Staff member.
Parent and Family Orientation Presentation